Tuesday, August 29, 2017

This Dad is Super Rad

Last year I saw a picture online of a baby wearing a shirt that said, "My dad is super rad."  In spite of searching online to purchase one for our baby, I could never find one.  I was delighted when one of our neighbors dropped us a pile of clothing they were done with and it included that shirt I had so wanted!

On Saturday morning, I woke just after 6:00 when my alarm went off: the zoo opened at 7:30 that day, and I thought it would be the perfect time for the three of us to get up there with few crowds and great weather.  As I went through Reed's clothes I realized I finally had an occasion for him to wear long sleeves.


The three of us hopped in the car and, when Reed started getting fussy, TJ jumped out of the passenger seat at a red light and ran around to sit in back next to him.  As I looked in the rear view mirror and watched him holding Reed's hand and listened to him talk with him, his voice soft and tender, my heart turned gushy and filled right up with love.  As I drove I thought about what a great dad TJ is: my mind ran through memory after memory and sweet feeling after feeling about these last four months.  This guy that I am so lucky to call my husband is an amazing dad.






TJ is the glue that holds our family together.  He is patient and loyal and kind and his heart seems to have endless reservoirs of love and compassion that he shares so freely.  He comes home from work each day and gives Reed (and me!) a big kiss.  He plays with Reed, laying next to him on the ground, helping him with his toys, reading him stories, watching the latest and greatest tricks Reed has learned.  When we go out for walks it seems Reed is always done in his stroller halfway through and TJ picks him up and carries him home, sometimes from quite a distance.  Reed's bed is on TJ's side of the bed and TJ soothes him in the night when he wakes crying: TJ is often the one to swaddle Reed when he gets tired and patiently hold his binky in while he falls asleep.








In every prayer, TJ thanks Heavenly Father for this beautiful little boy who is our son.  



And in every prayer I thank Heavenly Father for this wonderful man who stands by my side, actively engaged in our family.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment