I have the most wonderful friend in the world named Emily. Just writing that sentence brings tears to my eyes. I miss her very much (she lives on the other side of the country) and don't get to hear from her as much as I would like.
But Ems is just wonderful. We went to Spain together and there she was my lifesaver - she took very good care of me as I struggled heavily with anxiety. When she moved home and was married she opened her heart and her home to me even more - she and John always welcome me so warmly into their home, with breakfasts every Friday morning, late night cookie delivers, and loads of cards and support.
Em and John moved to medical school in Virginia and evevn there they welcomed me - John and I worked to plan a surprise trip for me out to help them move. It was so, so wonderful to spend a week with them and I was so grateful that they would let me sleep on their couch, even during such a hectic time.
Now, whenever Em is in town she takes the time to see me - whether it's a quick afternoon shopping for my wedding or dinner and a movie with our husbands. Oh, how I love her.
I think one of the greatest lessons I've learned from Emily is that people become who you treat them as. There are very few that treat me as wonderfully as John and Emily - speaking with them is so very uplifting, as they act like I am the greatest person they have ever known. Emily has a very distinct way of always complimenting me and making me want to be a better and more loving person. She teaches me great lessons about life and helping those nearby feel they are worth an infinite amount.
My love for Emily is very deep, though I am not confident I'll ever be able to portray that great love to her adequately. My prayer is that a Higher Source can help her know how grateful I am for her.
Oh Rach. I love you too! But this is all very twisted. You make it sound like I'm such a nice person for letting you help me move and letting you give me cards and make me cookies. And that part about making you feel like a good person, well... It's not my fault you are a good person (actually the best person I know). So, don't go blaming that on me. I love you!
ReplyDelete