I've heard jokes in the past about how MBA students are the cutthroat crowd - not the ones to mess with, and definitely not known for their compassion. I certainly shrugged the comments off, but after my team meeting yesterday, maybe I shouldn't have.
For two different classes I have to work with the same five person team. We were able to pick our groups, so I took my best whack at what would be a good one (though I confess we didn't have much time, at all, to get to know people).
Yesterday was our first meeting, and I left so upset! I think the first thing that set me off was during introductions when they asked me (and only me) how old I am and why I would think to go get an MBA. Sigh. It made me feel like I have to be fighting for validation already. I talked with Kale about it after and we came to the consensus that it won't be the first time I've had to fight to make people see I'm worth something. I also came to realize that this group will not give me warm fuzzies because they don't care about me as a person - and they likely never will. Maybe knowing that will make the next 12 weeks with these guys a little easier to handle, because after the rest of that meeting, I sure am worried!
Go Rachel!! School is hard huh? but totally worth it in the end:) I'm glad you found our blog, now i can follow you two as well. Happy studying!
ReplyDelete