Today was my first day of school. I was so nervous - I picked my outfit days ago (brown pencil skirt with a white button-up) and left work an hour early to be on time.
It went well. We started with a great dinner to initiate networking; I sat at a table with people that I probably would've liked, though I didn't get to know them because of the two people that I didn't like that talked incessantly. :) I'll need to choose different classmates to sit with on Thursday. The food was great and the caramel brownie delectable!
We then went to a presentation with all the guidelines, the expectations, the class statistics, etc. The average age in the program is 30 (I'm 6 years under) and average work experience is 5.5 years (if you count my full-time as an undergrad, I have 3). But they emphasized that we have a strong class, which I was very excited to hear.
We finished the evening off in the IT Department, where we were issued our laptops. I talked with several interesting people as we transitioned from room to room, and am confident that the program is filled with outstanding individuals. We will see how things progress, as I am more nervous now than when I attended class tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment