Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Builders

TJ's love for Legos runs deep.  He tells about the hours and hours and hours he spent as a child playing with Legos: with his brother, with his friend, with his imagination.  In fact, he attributes his love of math to Legos, those 3 x 2 blocks that made him think through how to build things mathematically. 

For Christmas we got Reed some Duplo blocks.  I anticipated that Reed would enjoy them and that TJ would help them, but I did not foresee how much TJ would LOVE building with Reed.  I've watched time and time again as TJ builds elaborate (or simple) creations just for the joy of building: Reed promptly tears them apart and TJ starts again.

Last night TJ taught Reed to put the flower pieces on all by himself - I think it's the first thing Reed can actually build instead of just destroying.  When he realized he was doing it on his own he would announce "ta da!" after he put one on.  It was such a pleasure to watch these two sit and play together.  I think Reed sat in that exact position for about thirty minutes, which is maybe the longest he's ever sat in one place. 


Saying cheese, but he hasn't quite figured out how to look at the camera while saying it.


Blurry, but I adore his focused face.

No comments:

Post a Comment