Last night was so fun! We invited over the Mansfields, the Dokukins, and the Kwants and had a group date night here. For dinner we did a pasta bar with different noodles and sauces, breadsticks, green beans, and salad, which was great! We enjoyed getting to know each other over dinner - finding out what everyone is doing with their life, where they're from, when they were married, etc. I look at my parents and how well they know everyone in their ward and it felt so good to start moving in that direction!
After dinner we played Word on the Street (my team won by a longshot - I think the key is whoever has Megan on their team wins!) and then we played several rounds of Catch Phrase, in which the guys could never beat the girls (I think it's a indicator that girls communicate a lot more with words!)
It was such a fun night. I am so excited about having friends in our ward and think this is one we will definitely repeat with other couples!
Thanks for your sweet comment Rachel. You are such a great friend. I absolutely love the date night jar, and I especially love the cookie date. What a fun idea! I'd be up for a cookie hunt every date. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun night! Oh I just love the pasta bar idea. People don't utilize that idea enough! Some of the best dishes come from throwing pasta ingredients together. MMMmmm...
ReplyDeleteWhat's the game word on the street? Whatever it is, it sounds fun. This is such a clever way to get to know the people in your ward! I may not be in your ward but hopefully Jonathan and I can be invited to one of these during the summer :) Whatever happens, we need to plan on getting together!
Hope you don't mind the self-invite! haha
Love you!