Stop 1: Over the Top
I actually read somewhere online that this is the best cookie in America! This is a cookie spot right here in South Jordan - just across from Cafe Rio. Naturally, we picked up a salad to split and then walked over for our first cookie. 
There were two little boys in front of us; I loved watching them look through all the cookies to decide which one they wanted to get (it took them forever, there were just so many appealing options!)
Over the Top's theme was about going too far; they make delectable cookies and add candy bars on top, for an unforgettable experience. :)
We ordered milk chocolate Twix to split. I really liked it. The consistency was very unique - TJ pinned it by saying that it felt like a sugar cookie, which was very different. The Twix on top was wonderful and it was so big that it was perfect. Yum!
Stop 2: The Dough Girl
We were actually looking for a place called Ruby Snap, but it turns out they changed the name. :) This little cookie spot is set up to be from the 50's and all the cookies are named after different girls.
This place was definitely the best at being unique; they had chocolate cinnamon mint cookies, dark molasses with sugar, sweet potato with cream cheese, and a number of others that were equally interesting!
Big bonus here is that they'll let you sample as much as you want! We tried several different cookies that were great and ended up getting Margo - chocolate cinnamon mint.
To their credit, I have never had such a unique cookie in my life! TJ loved the mix and loved the mystery of how they made it. The flavors were not ideal for me; my mouth couldn't figure out whether the dough was chocolate or cinnamon. :) For me, Over the Top was better, but TJ definitely prefers Margo!
Stop 3: Kodiak Cakes
I don't know what it is about cookie places, but according to Google, this place is called "Ben's Cookies." :) I guess the new thing is changing your name.
Okay, first we must say that a big downside to this place is that it's in the middle of The Gateway, which means we spent 15 minutes finding parking. We both said that this would seriously dock our rating of their cookie - like anybody wants to pay for parking to grab a quick cookie! We finally found half of a spot and took it, praying that we wouldn't get a ticket, and ran to the store.
The theme here was the wilderness and bears - who knew there was such a thing as a Kodiak bear (not me). Anyway, it was a cute little shop, but after the different options at The Dough Girl, this one didn't seem to have such incredible offerings. I do have to say, though, that looking at a bunch of cookies lined up and smelling the sugar and chocolate in any cookie shop just does something for me. :) I'm drooling looking at these pictures.
We each got out own cookie here, which we felt justifiable since it was the cheapest spot ($1.85 each). TJ got a snickerdoodle and I got lemon with powdered sugar.
Oh my gosh - these are the best cookies we've ever had in our lives. They were the perfect mix of soft in the middle but a little crunchy on the outside and the flavors were out of this world. I wish I had gotten a snickerdoodle (TJ said it was the best one he's ever had), but I certainly didn't have any issues finishing every bit of mine!
The Winner: Kodiak Cakes
The winner for us was definitely Kodiak Cakes, in spite of the drama finding parking. It was a fantastic date and we had such a fun time driving to each little shop, enjoying the ambiance every place offered, and savoring all the sugary bites we took. For me it was definitely one of our most enjoyable dates yet.
Oh my gosh, I'm drooling! What a fun date! I want to copy you guys for sure! YUM.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your Date Night jar and am even equally as in love with your first date activity! Gosh, you are such a creative person. You're kids are in for an awesome childhood with all the fun you bring around in life!
ReplyDeleteAlso, thank you so much for the Merry Christmas. It meant so much when we were spending Christmas alone here to know that we hadn't been forgotten of back home. I promise you have to be on Direct Connect with Heaven considering the amazing timing you have in the things you do for and say to me. I'm so grateful for your life and friendship! Happy New Year my friend!
Love you!