This is the closest thing I feel I have to the open void, which is where I'd like to throw out the question "Do I continue with school or quit?" I feel that the guidance from our Church leaders can be spun either way, as attending school now requires, for the first time for me, student loans. $9450 a semester is not cheap, and I can't help me consider all the other things we could put money into: investments, for one thing, but other things that would just be nice - our yard, a trip every once in a while, our mortgage, etc. It's a hard decision, and it's keeping me up at night... Do I really need an MBA or is it just excessive? The material is great, but maybe I won't work forever, and if that's the case, maybe just reading more is the better solution. And it would be so nice to have more time to be a wife and a homemaker and a better neighbor and friend and family member and Church member. Maybe I'm just doing this program so I can tell others about it, maybe it's not really something that is important in the long run. Maybe I should stop now and save my money and if I'm still interested in a few years, go back and pay without loans. I know this is just plain rambling at this point, but this is really, really hard - I'm tired of being up at night thinking. And when TJ and I talk (he is fully supportive of whatever I choose, so he doesn't voice a strong opinion), I feel like I just talk myself into circles.
How could I ever know if it will be worth it?
I only have one point of advice. Fasting and praying about it I think will be the only way you will ever feel sure about the right answer. I won't pretend to have the answer for you, but I will tell you my own experience. I questioned wether I should get my bachelor's after finishing my AAS in dental hygiene. I would have started right after we got married. I felt that me starting school would cause me to put off a family which the Lord had already told me was my number one priority. I felt the same way about accepting a full time job I really wanted. So now I don't have a bachelor's degree and I've never had a full time job in my career. So to the world I may look crazy to work so hard and then give up my opportunities. But, for me there is Gracie. And that is enough for me to realize Heavenly Father knew better than me. And, he knows your situation better than me, or you. He will help you know if it is worth it or if there is a better route for you! Good luck though, I know there is a lot of stress involved with such decisions! Love you Rach
ReplyDeleterachel, i totally know how that goes with the medication! but you still look awesome! so you must have been 80 pounds when that weight came on, because you realy do look great!
ReplyDeletebut ya, try it out, you'll love it! but rach, you should come to my aerobics class on thursday night. where do you live?