Monday, September 20, 2010

The Mazda


As I was writing feverishly about my country bumpkins TJ asked if I was updating the world on the car. :) I probably ought to.

We got home early last night, around 6:15, and TJ realized he'd left his car door open all day. :P Oops. He tried to start it and, of course, no luck. He grabbed jumper cables from his home teaching family and came home to give it a try. After a few minutes of unsuccessful attempts, he realized (oh dear) that my positive and negative sides had been marked incorrectly... And so, an hour later, his car still hadn't started.

We made do today driving each other back and forth between work and school and his sweet parents agreed to buy a new battery while we were gone (we're both away from home during logical car store hours - today's hours were 8-7 and tomorrow's are 8-10).

When I got home from work, though, I found Gem in the driveway, working on the car. It was NOT the battery, it was his main fuse. Gem had spent an hour in traffic getting the car part that we needed, but it was the labor that we were stuck on. It was impossible to get the fuse box opened to switch out the main fuse.

By the time TJ was home from work, it was after 7. I decided to get out of the way and served everyone dinner and made cookies. The boys set up their flood light (thanks, Papa) and went to work. Eileen came inside to chat and we sort of deemed the outside efforts were maybe for naught...but let them be. :)

But - THEY DID IT! They figured it out all by themselves. And now, his car starts. He even drove it up the driveway into his parking spot. :) I'm very proud, and happy to have Big Blue back (okay, we've never actually called it that, but it seems like we needed a name in that sentence.) Happy day!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel!! It was so fun to see your comment on my blog and I followed it back to yours. I'm so happy to see you! (at least in pictures) It has been such a long time but it sounds like life is going wonderfully for you which makes me happy. Wanted to say hello!

    ReplyDelete