

Just before our wedding I saw little citrus trees for sale at Home Depot. I took TJ to see them...and we walked out with three. I am bound and determined to grow fruit in my home. :) We have a lemon tree, a lime tree, and a clementine orange tree. We've just now gone through the second round of blossoms and I love it! They are beautiful (as long as you can see past the long spindly stick that will one day be a trunk and notice the few leaves) and have such fragrant blossoms. Additionally, we keep getting real efforts at fruit - right now the lemon tree has one little lemon on it that's almost the size of my thumb. The last one fell off and I'm not sure the tree is strong enough to support this one much longer, but I'll hang on to hope!
I think the biggest draw about indoor plants for me is the extra life they bring, especially in the winter. These fruit trees in particular should bloom in the dead of winter - November - March - which will brighten those dreary months for me!
These pictures aren't from my trees, but they are just what my trees look like!
Your fruit trees are awesome!! It's even cooler that they will blossom in winter! You've inspired me to one day grow fruit in my home. :)
ReplyDelete