I don't think TJ thought anything of the announcement until one day the doorbell rang and there was a big fish bowl FILLED with Swedish fish on the porch. There was a note that looked like this:
And, after some fishing, some letters that spelled this:
A bit geeky? Certainly! But that's what made it so fun. :)
So, several days later, I left work and found this in my car:
Yes, this is a homemade card that my husband made. :) Isn't it darling? Inside it said yes, because I'm his Valentine.
And so it came to be that we were going to the dance!
My sisters picked my outfit, of course, and Bopper and Wiggly came and did my hair. And, ta da! Here we are! (Don't mind my belly, we are NOT expecting, I've just gained a good 35 pounds!!)
The dance was a LOT of fun. We learned how to do the Triple Step and another dance that will "never fail." :) We used both a lot over the night. There were a LOT of people from our ward there, which was really great, and the Stake did a great job putting loads of food together for everyone.
But probably the best part was the people watching. We LOVED seeing a bunch of elderly couples, dressed up fancy (ie shoes with feathers), dancing their hearts out. So cute. We also loved seeing Brother Fisk's dance moves (he thought no one was watching) as well as the bobbing neck dance of another couple. Oh man, what a great time.
At nine o'clock, when my feet were done aching, we came home to do homework. I'm so glad we went - I loved dancing with my sweetheart and the avenue was wonderful!
does he do stampin' up? Cuz I made a card just like that!
ReplyDeletehttp://the-everetts.blogspot.com/2011/02/stampin-up-january.html