The mantle:
My mother-in-law bought me this cute pumpkin. It's supposed to go outside, I think, but since I never look at my front porch, I wanted it right here. :)
Growing up my mom really emphasize the importance of Thanksgiving. She doesn't like when people skip straight from Halloween to Christmas and taught us to give thanks before asking, like we do when we pray. I want Thanksgiving to be important in my family too.
"The habit of saying thank you is the mark of a cultivated mind."
-President Gordon B. Hinckley
Days like today I struggle to find reasons to be thankful: it was a very rough day at work and though I held up at the office, I broke down in tears as soon as I got to the car. I'm thankful for a loving husband, whose patience and encouragement is endless, and for a wonderful friend who always takes the time to listen and care. For today, that's enough.
I love your decorations. Your mantle looks so cute! You're mom's such a smart lady - it's so fun to see you carrying the things you learned growing up into your new family. I shared the quote you gave with Jonathan and we both agree that giving thanks is just so important.
ReplyDelete"Counting our Blessings" has become one of our #1 tools to fighting discouragement over here. You're definitely right when you say it can be hard on certain days but it's also a great blessing you have a wonderful husband to lean on in the darker moments. I know I feel the same way! Except sometimes it's more like completely lifting me up and carrying me rather than me leaning...but hey - no big deal! That's life!
Love you Rach! Hope you have a better ending to this week than beginning.
I am always amazed by the way you make life bright for everyone around you (with festive decorations and thoughtful packages and well timed phone calls or texts) even when life is cloudy where you're standing. I hope you know how much I love you! I'm counting down the days til I get to see you...34 to be exact!
ReplyDelete