Monday, February 10, 2020

2020, Week 6

So many highlights from the past week here.

  • TJ, Holland, and Reed spent most of the week sick.  The kids are now nearly back to 100% but TJ has spent the past three nights sleeping propped up on the couch with a terrible cough.  We're all grateful I've stayed healthy.
  • We had a big snowstorm roll in Sunday night that dropped quite a bit of snow across the valley.  Our yard had between 6-8 inches, but both our parents' houses got 10-12 inches and on the east side there were homes (in Sandy!) with 24 inches.  School was canceled in several districts and TJ's evening class was canceled at Westminster.  While Holland napped Reed and I shoveled snow together.  What a difference it makes to have warm clothes when you're outside!
  • We made Reed his first hot chocolate on Tuesday.  He drank it for a minute.  :)
  • Wednesday was still cold so we burned time in the morning at Scheels where Reed and I lived wild and rode the escalators while Holland sat on the main floor and watched us!  It may have been one of the more thrilling moments of Reed's life (he LOVES the escalators but we almost always have the stroller).  Cute Holland loved watching the fish and the ferris wheel.  I also loved that when I was taking this picture Reed said to me "Someone is waving at me - that grandma over there."  Apparently a woman that was there was waving from behind me - ha!
  • Thursday morning TJ drove us through a snowstorm for Reed's doctor appointment at Primary Children's.  We're trying to figure out what's going on with his legs.  It took over an hour to get there and then was nearly an hour wait, which made for a long morning.  The kids did great and the doctor was so wonderful (but has no idea what's going on).  
  • Thursday evening the kids went to bed at Nana and Papa's house so we could surprise our favorite babysitter and take us to a play WITH us.  We so loved The Man With the Pointed Toes that we saw it twice and got some good laughs both times.
  • Friday night we did a triple date at our house after the kids went to bed, welcoming the Merkleys and Curtises for snacks, games, and a lot of chatting.  We love both couples and had a great night (even though we stayed up way too late).
  • Saturday morning we went to a family concert at BYU featuring their folk music groups.  Both kids loved it and TJ and I so enjoyed seeing them take right to something we love so much!
  • Saturday afternoon TJ and I went back down to BYU to see Hamlet, set in a modern setting (with Hamlet as a skater) using the original text.  I didn't know the story beforehand and had no idea everyone dies.  We had some good discussions about what we think Shakespeare was trying to teach with that one.
  • I want to remember how Reed says "I don't know" as "ah no" and the way he pretends to be various construction things ("I'm jackhammer" as he hits a rolling pin on the floor, turned vertically, or "I'm grader" as he rolls a laundry basket across the floor or "I'm log loader" as he grabs Holland's leg).
  • Holland gave up nursing - cold turkey - on Tuesday night, making us both quite miserable for the rest of the week.  I've tried so many times to get her to eat but she just screams, so we're calling it good and moving on.  We've had a couple rough nights as she learns to sleep without that milk and my body is adjusting slowly, but we both seem to be doing better.  I mentioned to TJ last night that it's been more than 3 years that I've been nursing or pregnant, so this is quite an adjustment. 
  • I've been working HARD on getting our 2018 book finished and opened the book last Sunday night to see all the pictures gone!  TJ spent quite a while working on it and recovered an earlier version that was only missing a month, so I've redone that month and am now about 80% done with the whole thing.  I'm trying to finish quickly, both because I have a hard time working on them in the summer (when the sun is shining) and because I now feel paranoid about losing it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment