Tuesday, July 30, 2019

The Kids Are Talking -1-

As Reed's vocabulary expands (and we understand him more and more), we smile pretty often at the things he comes up with.  Here are a few things he's said lately:

(This one was at the end of May) While on a drive, looking out the window: "Tiny diggers, I love you."

Last week, also while on a drive, over a particularly rough section of the road.  When we hit bumps I often say, "Oh, that was bumpy," which he's started mimicking.  He loves the bumps so after the road had smoothed out he said, "Me mo bumpies.  Hana want bumpies."  :)

He's got an impressive grasp on vehicles and will call out a number of things as we pass them (his current favorite being cherry pickers, which he yells out with such enthusiasm it sometimes makes Holland cry).  I've pointed out semis and box trucks to him for some time but he's never caught on.  One day last week it clicked and he happily called out "Semi!" over and over while we drove.  And then we came to a stop light and he clearly hollered - accurately, and for the first time - "Box truck!"

Rachel: Okay, Reed, when we get home I need to change and feed Holland, so I'm going to turn on a show for you to watch.
Reed: Me mo music.  Me mo Mack [Mack Wilberg, director of The Tabernacle Choir].  Arms.  Red dress.  [This is Reed requesting watching "Come Thou Fount" by The Tabernacle Choir].

Rachel: Reed, who's your mom?
Reed: Minnie.
Rachel: Mary?
Reed: Yep.

Reed: Mommy, kiss Reed.  Lips.


No comments:

Post a Comment