The second Sunday dinner is the Morris family birthday dinner (on the months we have birthdays! On those we don't, it's just family dinner. :)
In June, we celebrated Austin's 17th birthday. Hooray!
| I love this picture of these two brothers. They're both so good looking! |
Dad brought this crazy candles home from Brazil. You can see (picture two) that Austin about lost his eyebrows to the two foot flame. It sang and sang and sang the happy birthday song. TJ finally pulled out the batteries.
TJ was in charge of the birthday card. :) I think this was just perfect for Austin.
We bought him an actual Four Square ball. We've been playing as a family in the driveway, but (sorry Mom and Dad!) using one of Austin's volleyballs to do so. We thought this may help!
And...a back-up. Because I figure any second now one will break.
| Love this picture of Mom and Austin. |
June was also Lettie's first birthday! The Muirs came in town for the 4th of July, but for the birthday dinner Mom and Dad skyped Lettie. I loved watching their faces as they talked to her. They are just oozing with love for their little grandbaby.
| Hi Lettie! |
Giving the four square balls a try! I was glad put her brace on. She's good and she gets into it - better safe than sorry with that torn ACL!
There was a crazy rain storm in June (same one from last post!) and several of Gem and Eileen's neighbors had basements flood. Cheri, who lives next door, had hers flood and Mom and Dad were trying to help her get it dry. We ran over to check on it mid-four square. I loved seeing the neighbors pitch in to help her out and to take care of her (she's a widow).
TJ and me when I came home from work early and brought some chips and guacamole. Sometimes you just need a little treat in your life. :) We shared our treat for ten minutes before TJ hurried to class.
And then while TJ was gone I treated myself to the Petersons. :) Because they are good for my soul. I drove down one evening and Parker and Anna and I walked around the park by their house. The sky was beautiful and with each of them holding one of my hands - fingers interlaced and all - it felt a little bit like heaven. Sometimes I wonder if my heart will burst I love them so much.
| (misfit with my brown hair!) |
I already posted this picture, but I just love it. Beautiful Elle.
And then! TJ and I left to the Bahamas for a week to help manage the Yoli work event. I get really tired of traveling for work, so I was very, very grateful that TJ came and that we were able to take a few hours here and there. I am lucky to have him.
| Some people look lovely when they swim. I go more for practical... |
This picture is not incredibly flattering of me, but it shows how we do beaches. I have a book on my lap (one of about a dozen I took) and am soaking up that sun. TJ comes out for limited periods, sits in the shade of a palm tree, with new sunscreen every hour, and towels and hats. This is great proof of how much he loves me. :)
When I hit the humidity I forget about straight hair and go for curly instead.
We took all our distributors to a private island one day where they had a dolphin program. I went early (really early) to make sure everything was ready, so had a few minutes to walk around. I loved how social these beautiful, beautiful animals were - as soon as they noticed me they came to say hi.
Couldn't stop laughing about this picture. Notice the long sleeves, hat and shade. Poor TJ.
The view on the ride back from the island. I cannot get over how clear that water was. Isn't this just unbelievable?
I had to grab a picture at the Mexican restaurant with Callie and Jen (two of my coworkers). We ate there 5/7 nights. Even now, 6 weeks later, I bet all of us could tell you everything on the menu.
At the final dinner. The lighting was unbelievable. My phone, of course, doesn't come close to doing it justice, but we'll take what we can get!
Ugly face contests on snap chat just make my day. Every time.
| One of my personal favorites - |
| Another with really excellent form |
| Actually this might be my favorite. |
Tyler and Lettie were born on the same day (actually about an hour apart!) so on their shared birthday I got this fun snap from Sheri. :) The Milar decorating tradition lives on!
My view on the last morning (TJ was packing...I was in my swimsuit at the pool with a book). Love this.
After we got back, we found Beckham and Raegan outside. They rode their bike/scooter to our house and drew with us. Cute kids.
A great few weeks!


No comments:
Post a Comment