Monday, January 30, 2012

I just have to ask...

I confess - I blog stalk. During my average 12-14 hours at work/school each day, glancing at blog updates provides me a few moments of distraction. But I just have to ask - are people really like that? Am I the only person that reads blogs and sees smiling families with stories about how wonderful every day is and how much they love their lives? I don't want to tear any of that down, and deep inside I hope they are sincere, but I just have to ask... do people really live like that?

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one! I so blog stalk. And with my own blog, I always worry about what I post...I guess I'm just worried about my audience and I just want to focus on the positive. I actually started my own personal/private blog of just "diary" entries where all my thoughts go, positive or negative, without the thought of an audience and I really like it. It's kind of therapeutic. But I know what you're talking about. I have found some really great, honest blogs that I love to read for inspiration and validation. But you're right, it's just a fun distraction sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of my blog as a gratitude journal. I think a lot of people print their blogs and bind them, so they only want the happy memories to go in. I have some friends that really vent on their blogs, but their blogs are typically private.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah no Rach that's not really how people live! Even with all the bad I write on my blog I try to be honest for the most part but I definately leave a lot of the bad off especially the extremely personal stuff that I don't want everyone to read or anything that may cause someone else to hurt...you know people aren't perfect so I dont' want to write about something that will cause hurt to them to read ya know?

    ReplyDelete