Monday, November 12, 2018

Thanksgiving Books

A quick list of our current favorites:

It's Thanksgiving - Jack Prelutsky

Balloons Over Broadway - Melissa Sweet

Bear Says Thanks - Karma Wilson

Too Many Turkeys - Linda White

Thanking the Moon - Grace Lin

The Thanksgiving Door - Debby Atwell  (this is really lovely and heart-warming)

The Firefighters' Thanksgiving - Maribeth Boelts (Reed's current favorite)

Off to Plymouth Rock - Jack Hayford

Tattered Sails - Verla Kay (I've fallen in love with the cadence in this book)

Thanksgiving at the Tappletons' - Eileen Spinelli (there are two illustrations for this - one with humans, one with foxes.  I think I prefer the foxes, illustrated by Megan Lloyd)

A Turkey for Thanksgiving - Eve Bunting

Thanksgiving Is Here! - Diane Goode (LOVE this artwork)

The Thanksgiving Bowl - Virginia Kroll (not my #1, but a fun story I think kids would enjoy)

Rivka's First Thanksgiving - Elsa Okon Rael (a bit wordy for kids)

Autumn Leaves - Ken Robbins (not Thanksgiving, but so beautiful)

Sharing the Bread - Pat Zietlow Miller (a new FAVORITE)

This First Thanksgiving Day - Laura Krauss Melmed

Sometimes it's Turkey, Sometimes it's Feathers - Lorna and Lecia Balian

This Is the Turkey - Abby Levine


Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment