Thursday, July 26, 2018

This Morning

Reed just fell asleep for his nap in my arms.  I took a few minutes to just rock him, my heart filled to overflowing with how much I love him.  TJ and I were just lamenting that he's no longer a baby, but now a little boy. 

This little boy still loves to nurse.  He still loves to be swaddled for his naps and bedtime.  He does the most darling little laugh when he gets his binky or when he gets his blankets: he adores both, and clenches the tags of his blanket in his fist as he falls asleep. 


He's into everything.  I took a picture of the family room after putting him in his crib: as I clean up one mess he makes another, all day long.  He opens and empties drawers, bites and shreds toilet paper rolls, and pushes things down the stairs for the joy of saying "uh oh!" 


He bites the couch - over and over and over again - and spits his water down his front until his shirt is soaking wet.  He loves stroller rides and reading books (there is nothing quite like watching him sit on the floor and flip through book after book, sometimes silently, sometimes jabbering).  He adores airplanes and will look out the window when he hears one and will point in the sky when he spots one (often before I do).  This week he surprised me when I asked him, "Where's the moon?" by pointing right to it. 

When Reed hears Dad come home he runs (on hands and knees) to see him.  He does a funny sideways crawl (sometimes not even watching where he's going) and has taken to pushing his walker and pony across the floor on his knees (often pushing them sideways, with a hand on the front and the back, instead of the way the wheels actually turn). 

He's a pretty terrible food eater, but does love frozen corn, craisins, watermelon (that might be his favorite), cornbread, pineapple, sliced almonds, crackers, pancake, blueberries, cucumbers, and milk chocolate chips (but NOT semi-sweet).  He only likes bell peppers whole: he grabs and bites them over and over and over, never really eating, but leaving them with teeth marks all over. 

He adores feet and loves to bite our toes.  He's started "getting us" and screams when he does.  He sure likes to be tickled and played with and read to, book after book.

He makes me laugh every single day.  I could never have guessed how much I'd love this little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment