Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Good News Tuesday

Last night we returned from a week in Lake Powell.  Glorious, stunning Lake Powell.  That place makes for lots of good news!

1. We got lots of family time.  All of TJ's family was there, which doesn't often happen, so it was fun to have time that we could play games and boat and dote on all the grandbabies.


2. We got in the double surf run.  This was a first-time deal and it was pretty exciting.  :)  Thankfully Kipp is a wicked good surfer.


3. Reed has stunningly beautiful eyes.  They are so, so blue.  I am always trying to capture their hue in a picture and it just seems so impossible.   BUT last week I think we finally got them.   Don't these just blow your mind?  


4. We were able to go in to church in Page while we were at the lake.  In all my frenzy for packing for family pictures (more about those later), I entirely spaced packing church clothes.  So, Sunday morning we put on our nice jeans and headed to church, where not a single person commented or even looked at us for not being in "Sunday best."  TJ and I both had a fantastic experience at church and left feeling so uplifted.  That ward was just oozing love and understanding and kindness and friendship.  It was so enlightening to be there.  We were so grateful we could go and meet, albeit briefly, those amazing people that taught us great messages in three short hours (far more by their actions than by their formal lessons).

5. Family pictures!  We got new Morris family pictures (it had been two years) and boy was it a hassle!  But we got them.  And they're going to be so beautiful I can hardly wait to see them.

6. On our drives TJ and I made a conscientious decision that we'd discuss our goals and how we're doing to plan.  It was a great conversation.  We were able to cover a lot of ground, discussing where we want to be, wins we've had, and also areas we're struggling.  It was great to meet as a couple and talk about improvement and dreams and what we want to work on together.

2 comments:

  1. Way to surf girl! Didn't you just make a human recently? You look fantastic! I love that you rocked your jeans to church, that's amazing. I can't wait to see the family photos, do I have to wait for Eileen's Christmas card? I can't wait that long, I'm not going to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surfing was a blast - I'm always just excited to get up! :) Church was so great: I'll have to tell you more about it when I see you. I'll put together a family pictures post, there are some really cute one.

    ReplyDelete