Thursday, October 22, 2015

July 1-4, 2015

We kicked off July this year (okay, every year) with my birthday.  I turned 29!  We celebrated prior to my actual birthday since TJ has class, but I was happy to catch him at home for approximately 6 minutes to have a hug, a kiss, and cookies from Ruby Snap.  I love that boy so very, very much. 


Jenni knew I was flying solo on my birthday so went out of her say (even arranged a babysitter!) to take me out to dinner and dessert that night.  Here we are at the front porch - she decorated my front door with the kids earlier that day (beach theme - she knows me so well).  Note the half-eaten cookie in my right hand as this was during the six minutes TJ was home.

After dinner we stopped for cake bites.  Cute Michelle when she was pregnant - now she's at home with a beautiful newborn!

When I got home from dinner the Merkleys came over with a sign and gift.  I truly feel like we lucked out in a major way with fabulous neighbors.  I told Jodi that the only way I can see things she'll have to just move into a new house on the other side of us when she outgrows her current house.

Love these cute kids so much.

This is exciting: our garden grew!  It ended up growing a bit out of control while also managing to not yield a whole lot, so we're still learning, but at least it grew.  :)

While Sara and Kipp were in town we had our July birthday dinner.  We celebrated my birthday as well as Colette's first birthday.  I can't believe she's already one.  She adds so much fun to our Morris family.


TJ borrowed Papa's new game Kuub to teach everyone. I love summer nights so, so much.






While everyone else played Kuub, Sara and Lettie hung out on the blanket.  Until Lettie learned about the sticks in Kuub.  ;)

Those piercing blue eyes just kill me.


Cake!  I love chocolate and Mom is great - she gives me chocolate cake.  (insert laughing with tears emoji here...)  Cute little cake for Lettie.


Nana got Lettie a dog purse that was a very big hit.


I, shockingly, got her books.

This note from Austin was so sweet I had to take a picture of it.

TJ adores hiking.  I....do not love it as much as he does.  I felt like a very nice wife when I took him on a hike for the 4th of July.  We went up to hike Cecret Lake.  It truly was beautiful.  I am glad we went - it just always seems to take so darn much work to get up there!


I adored the wildflowers all over.

This is Cecret Lake.  Doesn't it look like it could be on a postcard that says "come to Utah"?


We tried to climb to the peak about Cecret Lake but went the wrong way.  So we sat on these boulders and eat our snack.  I had to take a selfie because there was snow right behind me - I made a quick snowball, just to say I celebrated the 4th of July in a unique way.  :)

Instead of taking the shuttle back to the car, we just walked it.  I couldn't stop taking pictures.  So very, very beautiful.  I think Heavenly Father truly has created a beautiful earth for us.


That evening we went to Danny and Tara's to celebrate.  I thought the dessert table was out of this world, so had to snap a picture.

Look at all these fun sisters.  I love each of them so much!

I will try not to rant too much, but I think fireworks make people stupid.  It is like as soon as there are fireworks involved they lose all rational thought.  Here is a picture of some of the fireworks - we had to move to the other side of the cul de sac because I was afraid for my life.  It was not a relaxing celebration for me.  :)  We will have to find a different way to enjoy fireworks in the future, ha!

Can't get enough of these beautiful girls.


I took this picture so we can always remember that Elle put her arms over Mary's shoulder when being held.  So unique and so cute.  (Also, as I write this a few months later, I am shocked by how much she has already grown.)

My collection of birthday cards.  :)  Alice (Jenni's daughter) chose the one on the far left: a real winner!

And that was the first 4 days of July.  :)  More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment