Monday, November 5, 2012

Rhapsody in Blue

First, a shout out to Froggy: I love you.  Thanks for reading.

Second, please, one of my six readers, tell me you know Rhapsody in Blue.  TJ surprised me with tickets to the Utah Symphony on Friday where I was (this will sound unbelievable, but I promise it's true) moved to tears by the beauty and magnificence of Rhapsody in Blue.  I sat in the gorgeous Abravanel Hall (in the aisle seat, because TJ knows that's always my preference) thinking This is it.  This is the kind of moment I'll look back on in the future with fondness.  This is a moment that is creating a memory: right now I'm not in a rush to be anywhere else, I'm not waiting for the concert to end, the night to be over, the dinner tomorrow, Church on Sunday - I am here and now and my gosh, this is gorgeous.

It was a feast for both my ears and my heart.  I was so grateful to be there, to be blessed with a love of music - not the kind most people listen to, admittedly, but the beauty of Classical music - and to be with the love of my life watching and listening to something so magnificent.

I think the world would be much happier if everyone started the day listening to Rhapsody in Blue.

4 comments:

  1. I wanna be there now:) sounds so magnificently wonderful! Love you rach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, YES! Weston and I watch Fantasia...so that's our version. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yessss froofi!! Thank you for posting ;) I LOVED IT. XOxoXO

    (P.S. This is Ashlee's computer but my comment. I yubb you.)

    ReplyDelete